The exam covers network technologies, installation and configuration, media and topologies, management, and security. Candidate job roles include network administrator, network technician, network installer, help desk technician and IT cable installer.
Advance Your Career
- CompTIA Network+® is an international, vendor-neutral certification that proves a technician’s competency in managing, maintaining, troubleshooting, installing and configuring basic network infrastructure.
- Certified professionals have proven knowledge of networking features and functions, including wiring standards and how to use testing tools.
- CompTIA Network+ proves you have the in-demand knowledge, skill set and qualifications that can enable you to land a great job at a new company, within the government, gain a key promotion and continue to strengthen your IT career path.
- CompTIA Network+ is the first step in starting a networking career, and is recognized by Microsoft as part of their M S program. Other corporations, such as Novell, Cisco and HP also recognize CompTIA Network+ as part of their certification tracks.
- Department of Defense (DoD) approves CompTIA Network+ to fulfill certification requirements for Technical Level 1 positions.
- The average starting salary of network engineers can be up to $70,000. CompTIA Network+ certification is the first step toward a job as a network engineer or manager, and maps to vendor-specific certifications such as Cisco’s CCNA. Since its introduction in 1999, more than 260,000 people have become CompTIA Network+ certified.
- Jobs for network and system administrators grew 31% last year. The skill sets required for these types of jobs map to CompTIA Network+ certification.
- CIOs say ‘network administration’ and ‘wireless network management’ are among the top in-demand skills sets. The CompTIA Network+ exam covers network management skills, such as installation, configuration and troubleshooting. Passing the exam also proves the ability to set-up a basic wireless network.
In order to receive CompTIA Network+ certification, a candidate must pass one exam.